Software Engineer Job (PowerBuilder) NMC hospital Jobs In Dubai
About The Software Engineer Job
JOB DESCRIPTION – Software Engineer Job
Under general supervision from the Senior Software Engineer, performs semi-complex professional work in Information Technology Application development life cycle including, Solution Development, Solution Testing, Support, and IT System Configuration.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Software Engineer Job
- Works with senior software engineers to fully understand requirements and business processes.
- Study existing power builder application functionality by reviewing the client-side Power builder, server-side code (store procedure/triggers), and database architecture to develop and extend application functionalities as assigned
- Develop/modify related PowerBuilder objects like windows, Data windows, dynamic Data windows, User events, User Objects, etc. as assigned.
- Work with senior software engineer and other development team members to modify existing and design new database tables, stored procedures, PL SQL blocks, Packages, Functions, Types, triggers, etc. as necessary to provide application efficiencies.
- Create/modify reports as per the given requirement as assigned
- Provide pre and post Implementation support for the implemented solutions besides assisting Businesses to automate bulk data cleansing, bulk data loading, bulk data reconciliation activities, etc. based on data from external systems.
- Prepare user manuals
- Prepare and submit activity reports to the Lead
- Work with team members to support the current ongoing implementation
QUALIFICATIONS – Software Engineer Job
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of IT Experience in all the phases of SDLC, database object creation, Development, Unit testing, Integration testing and production support.
- Minimum of 2 years PowerBuilder and good MS SQL Server experience
PREFERED EDUCATION QUALIFICATION – Graduate in any IT-related discipline
KEY AREAS/TOOLS OF EXPERIENCE – Advanced skills in the following
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL
EDI Tools : PowerBuilder,Appeon Server
Database Design tool: Power Designer
Reporting: Power Builder Reporting, BI Publisher
Operating environment: Windows
SOFT SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Possess very good knowledge in PowerBuilder objects, like Windows, Windows Objects, Data Windows, Data Store, User objects (visual and nonvisual) etc.
- Power Builder 2017 and Appeon Server knowledge will be an added advantage
- Experience in creating SQL objects, writing database scripts, stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal skills (English)
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as a team
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment