Maintenance Assistant Job – In Al Futtaim Jobs In UAE 2023
Maintenance Assistant | Retail | IKEA
Job Requisition ID: 152099
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The Role: Maintenance Assistant Job
Ensure a safe, secure, clean and functional environment for our visitors and co-workers. Maintain the building, electro  mechanical operating systems, non-selling furniture, interior and exterior in “shape as new” to promote the image and brand of IKEA.
What You Will Do: Maintenance Assistant Job
- Contribute to maintain store in “Shape as new” by performing building maintenance functions according to the planned maintenance process.
- Rectify breakdowns and complete work orders and preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Perform/supervise all modifications, renovation and enhancement works [if required], providing technical and financial offers for all operation spare parts, all of services shall be done by coordination with third party contractors/service providers
- Implement Facility department routines and procedures by applying predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance
- Work in an efficient and simple way in order to maximize efficiency within the department
- Be a contributor to provide a safe work environment for all, by following: OSHA, local safety regulations and IKEA risk manual guidelines
- Manage all maintenance activities related to electrical, mechanical, civil work, cladding, signage, lighting systems any other maintenance work.
- Surveying all MEP systems and equipment also validation all system status and readings with original
- equipment/system parameters at operation and maintenance manuals.
- Foster a “Service” oriented approach with all departments
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers
- Follow and confirm to HSE policies and standards at all times.
- Manage in-house activities with an over-all responsibility of external supervisors and facility management technicians.
- Manage external contractors & evaluate contractor’s work and certify contractor’s invoices for payment.
- Prepare various technical reports and progress review reports.
- Support in developing & reviewing HSM SOPs
- Secure materials for Both MEP ordinary maintenance & MEP Tasks as well as Civil & fixing construction comments
- Support and backup the HSM in evacuation drills & safety matters
Required Skills To Be Successful: Maintenance Assistant Job
- Familiar with chilled water supply system and energy transfer stations (ETS).
- Familiar with mechanical systems specially HVAC system, Firefighting system, Fire suppression system, water supply system,
- plumbing system, hood systems, ventilation systems, smoke management systems, etc.
- Familiar with electrical systems specially lighting system, power low voltage and medium voltage systems, distribution and panel boards system, fire alarm system, public address system, cable tray system, motor control centers and control equipment, building management system, etc.
- Good knowledge of sustainability needs and development.
- Proficient in using computers & Microsoft office.
- Proficient in using data analysis software is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good leadership skills :
- Active listening.
- The ability to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for everyone.
What Equips You For The Role: Maintenance Assistant Job
- 4 years in maintenance & facilities management field
- Education in technical/ industrial [electrical or mechanical]
About Al-Futtaim Retail: Maintenance Assistant Job
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
Maintenance Assistant Job
Maintenance Assistant Job